Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Kayak fishing in the Ultimate 14.5 tandem

It was a beautiful afternoon yesterday.  My son and I poled and paddled from Village creek down the east side of St. Simons for several miles south on the high tide this evening.  While I was getting ready he hooked a big stingray.

After close to thirty minutes of hard pulling we got a look at it before it self released.  Prob. 3 feet across. Stopped on a shell mound hammock for some exploring/treasure hunting. Got a nice view back to Village Creek Landing.



Setting the hook on some grass.


 It started to get dark before we started seeing fish.  I had one swing and miss and caught one before we had to run for the hill and bedtime.

  
This Ultimate by Native Watercraft can be used as a single or double.  I didn't sit down the whole time and my son stood up part of the time, too.  Nice and stable for poling in the marsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment